APPLICATIONS CLOSED :: At Salt, we’re passionate about producing high quality, creative projects. Right now, we’re searching for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our close-knit team of design professionals.
About the role
As Senior Graphic Designer, you share our passion for exceptional design. You’re looking for a place where ideas are shared, creativity is inspired through a collaborative process, and opinions are valued and relied upon.
You will deliver projects that communicate effectively and meet technical specifications – on time and within budget.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience designing for print and digital.
- Tertiary qualifications.
- Advanced capabilities using Adobe CS InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat is essential. Strong skills in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is also required.
- Exceptional design, pre-press skills and print expertise.
- Comprehensive knowledge of print production processes with the ability to produce digital artwork suitable for print (offset, digital, wide format).
- Extensive experience creating digital-ready resources (including accessible PDFs, web, social media and multimedia presentations).
- Confidence in communicating with clients and suppliers.
- Proven experience working with other senior creatives.
- A strong, self-reliant and responsive work ethic.
- Highly-developed verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to brand guidelines.
- Experience designing for Queensland and/or national government clients will be a definite advantage.
Your best assets include:
- Your portfolio reflects your experience showcasing ideas, concepts and finished projects. Most importantly, examples that show your creative process.
- You seize every creative challenge and LOVE typography, layout and design.
- You enjoy working within a team. It’s about the project not the individual.
- Attitude is everything! You are able to manage your own time, take initiative and drive each project.
- You communicate your ideas and present well to every audience (eg. designers, clients, your mum, even the cat!).
- A sense of humour always goes a long way.
We’ve been creating brilliant design for almost 20 years across a wide range of clients including government, non-profits and medium private businesses. Projects include large corporate documents, brand development and application, marketing and promotional collateral, packaging, signage, websites and social media.
Our culture is approachable, supportive and fun. We’re proud of our positive team environment and we’ll do everything we can to see you thrive and be the best designer you can be!
We value input, feedback and direction from all of our team: it’s a process which makes for even better results for our clients.
Since COVID, our studio has been working in the virtual realm, operating from each team member’s home. The flexibility has suited out team.
For the immediate future, this position will enable you to also work from home. You’ll be equipped with the latest Mac and cloud-based software and be provided extensive training in our systems and processes.
We are considering moving into a studio space again (within Brisbane’s inner northside)… if we do, we’re open to negotiate a flexible work arrangement.
The creativity you invest in applying for this position will prove to us you have what it takes. Tell us who you are, how you design and execute ideas. What drives you? Motivates you? And most importantly, why you want to join Salt.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Join our team
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 12 June 2023.
Word documents will NOT be accepted. No agencies please.